REQUEST FOR APPLIACTIONS
Selection of partner/s to sub-grant/s
Bid Number: PAH/IRQ/Sub-Grant/2020/001
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization implementing projects in Iraq. PAH is inviting local NGOs with HQ in Iraq with proven history of WASH rehabilitation, not restricted by the EU Restrictive Measures to submit their bids for implementation of a sub-grant under the European Union MADAD Trust Fund funded project.
Project Title: Supporting resilience for host communities, returnees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Iraq.
Project Location: Iraq, Ninawa Governorates, South East of Mosul (Old Mosul City)
Objectives: The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the resilience of IDPs in Iraq as well as support to recovery of host communities and their administrations.
Project Period 1st of March, 2020 to 31st of July, 2020 (5 Months project)
Subgrant amount: 33,087 USD – 39,373,530IQD
- The payments will be made as follows:
- 30% of the total project amount will be advanced to Local Organization within 14 working days following signature of the present Agreement.
- 35% of the total project amount will be paid to the Local Organization after two months of the signature of the agreement upon the review and acceptance of the of financial documents submitted by the Local Organization.
- 35% of the total project amount will be paid at the end of the project activities upon acceptance of the final financial and narrative reports.
- Narrative reports will be submitted and accepted by PAH as showing satisfactory management and use of PAH resources.
- Once spending from the previous two months period will exceed 80%.
- PAH will make the above-mentioned payments in accordance with the banking instructions provided by the Partner Organization.
- Partner will provide PAH with bank statements showing the currency exchange rate of a transfer.
- Eligible costs
Eligible costs include expenses directly related to the project such as:
- Human Resources;
- travel and accommodation;
- Operational Cost;
- “other” costs related to the approved project.
The following activities and expenses are not eligible for funding:
- costs of ongoing activities for the organization;
- provisions for losses, debts or potential future liabilities;
- costs financed by another funding source;
- currency exchange losses;
- costs related to third parties
- in-kind contributions;
- salary costs of personnel of national administrations;
- stand-alone activities, which are unrelated to the delivery, evaluation and dissemination of the program or initiative;
- purchases of land, buildings, or vehicles;
- unidentified miscellaneous costs;
- renting charges for space and computer use when already owned by the recipient organization.
No project expenses may be incurred prior to the acceptance and signature of the Third-party Sub grant Agreement by all parties.
Access to water and sanitation facilities is improved for IDPs, returnees and host communities.
Two Small scale WASH infrastructure rehabilitation
Deliver a Behaviour Change Communications Campaign (BCC)
Training on BCC and social facilitation for community promoters
|Product Category||Qty||Product Stage||INCOTERM/ Delivery Point Deadline|
Soft and hard components
Delivery as per project agreement to be signed
Specific attention will be put to projects involving:
- Community involvement
- Access to newly retaken areas,
All bids must be submitted in English, in a sealed envelope before 19th of February, 2020 at 16:00 (Iraq time) at the PAH office in Erbil, IRAQ, MRF BUILDING A4 APARTEMENT NUMBER 07 or by E-mail at .
The bid documents should include the following:
- Official letter of intent,
- Organization Registration Records in Iraq (Federal Iraq)
- Copy of Director’s ID Card
- Resumes/CVs of at least 2 team members who will be involved in the project (different positions, e.g. Field Workers and Managers).
- Organization’s strategic plan,
- Annex 1 – IP Project Description
- Annex 2 – Budget (built in USD)
- History of funding received from other donors in Iraq,
- Proof of experience working in Ninawa (Mosul)
Late Bids will be automatically rejected.
An open information session to answer any question related to the grants will take place on Monday 10th of February 2020 in PAH Mosul office, address:
House Number 5/42 – Block 44 - Al Masarf - two side Arshad Zebari Street - Second Street on the left - The first house on the left - Mosul - Ninawa Governorate - Near Nineveh Governorate Building, GPS location: 36.381691, 43.1787
All national NGOs interested in this request for applications is free to attend (maximum 2 persons per NGO).
Bids will be evaluated by a selection committee on relevance of the application; capacity to access targeted beneficiaries; value added elements; and operational capacity. The Selection process will take up to 4 weeks and will include field visits as well as due diligence evaluations.
For all inquiries regarding this sub-grant, please contact PAH representative office no later than 15th of February, 2020 at 16:00 (Iraq time) by e-mail at
PAH will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by the Bidders in connection with the preparation and submission of their bids to PAH. Submissions will be evaluated in a selection committee session that will take place on 25th of February 2020 in PAH office in Erbil, IRAQ, MRF BUILDING A4 APARTEMENT NUMBER 07, The deadline for proposal submission is on 19th of February, 2020 at 16:00 (Iraq time), all bid should be submitted via email to