INVITATION FOR BIDS
Procurement Number: MENA2018IRAQ18r
Open Date: January 02, 2019
Questions Deadline: Rolling
Closing Deadline: Rolling
Geographical Area Restrictions: n/a
Point of Contact: Procurement Officer,
The International Republican Institute (IRI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, organization dedicated to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide. Since 1983, IRI has worked to develop democratic institutions and ideals, carrying out a variety of international programs to promote freedom, self-government and the rule of law worldwide. IRI provides technical assistance in the areas of political party strengthening, developing civic institutions and open elections, promoting democratic governance and advancing the rule of law.
IRI is a nonprofit organization that works to support Iraq’s democracy and is in need of a transportation service company in Iraq that can provide as-needed cars with drivers for IRI staff across the country. Trips will originate from Baghdad, Basra and Erbil, traveling nationwide (security permitting).
Period of Performance:
Signing the Agreement through September 30, 2020 with the option to extend for up to three years in one-year increments
Bidders will provide transportation services throughout Iraq on an ad-hoc basis. Currently, IRI forecasts that the monthly travel volume will be approximately 10 trips per month through the spring of 2019, after which, the volume will likely increase to approximately 20 trips per month.
Bidders can choose to offer services nationwide or in select cities/provinces, but these areas must be outlined clearly. If different rates apply, these must be outlined in the cost proposal.
Bidders will provide the following services:
- Provide “as needed on call drivers” upon IRI’s requests, predominantly but not exclusively for travel originating from Baghdad and Erbil to provinces nationwide. Less frequently, travel originating from Basra will be required. All requests will be submitted by IRI to the Contractor within 48 hours minimum prior the request and IRI will engage Contractor in monthly planning discussions to allow for longer-term planning.
- Bidders should outline invoicing method – whether fixed monthly rate inclusive of mileage or based on fixed rate plus monthly reimbursement based upon a trip mileage sheet.
- Bidders should outline invoicing method – whether fixed daily rate inclusive of mileage or based on fixed rate plus reimbursement based upon a trip mileage sheet.
IRI security requirements:
- The drivers must have the ability to communicate in basic English; Arabic is required for Baghdad-based drivers and Arabic and Kurdish are required for Erbil-based drivers.
- All cars used by the company must be low profile (soft skin).
- All cars used must be from model year 2012 or newer and should use American, Korean or Japanese manufactured cars.
- The cars must be maintained and insured by Contractor; IRI will require proof of insurance, clearance from traffic police and maintenance. Drivers must be licensed to drive in Iraq; IRI will require proof of current license, no criminal history and drivers’ history. The cars used must be tracked by GPS system either pre-installed by the bidders or through an IRI-provided system
Contracts will be awarded in USD and will be paid by monthly invoice-based wire transfer from IRI’s office in Baghdad, Iraq.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHED FILE FOR MORE DETAILS.