|PROTECTION ASSISTANCE AND REINTEGRATION CENTER (PARC) IN CAMP & NON-CAMP AREAS/ UNHCR PROGRAM
* PARC Medical Reimbursement Program:
- PARC team did 3 filed visits in non-camp area for 22 families and their needs were identified.
- PARC referred 10 different cases of SAS and old refugees to different institutions that Harikar has coordination with for providing them with assistance and services.
- Legal assistance has been provided for 17 cases of camp and non-camp Syrian Asylum Seekers and Turkish refugees.
- PARC CSA with UNHCR/Erbil colleagues conducted a focus group discussion in Duhok/ Shakhke for 20 individuals (10 Males & 10 Females). The topic was about how to get information on registration and NGOs.
- CSA visited a vulnerable family in Duhok/ Grebase which was recommended by UNHCR for follow up.
- PARC/Gawilan team had a meeting with UNHCR concerning the protection interviews
- PARC/ Akre team had a meeting with UNICEF monitoring staff and the team visited some families who live in the camp.
- PARC team did 8 protection interviews with SAS in Gawilan and Akre camps.
- PARC team an assessment for 8 refugee families which are intended to be enrolled in the Cash Assistance Program.
- PARC/ CSA and the medical supervisor visited the two settlements of refugees; Hussainya and Gregawre to assess the locations and identify the most vulnerable individuals who are in need of regular treatment. During the visits, PARC team assessed 4 families in Hussainya and 6 families in Gregawre. Harikar medical forms were given to all of the assessed families. The identified families will be included in the medical reimbursement program after Harikar medical forms are filled by their doctors and returned to PARC medical supervisor.
- PARC/ CSA and medical supervisor received 13 (6 in Hussainya and 7 in Gregawre) Harikar medical forms which had been given to the vulnerable individuals during the previous assessments of medical reimbursement.
|QUICK IMPACT PROJECTs (QIPs)
- Site visit to Bardarash Youth Center and Rangin school with the bidder companies to show them the site and explain the type of work included in the BoQs.
- Site visit with UNHCR technical staff and DoH engineers to Deralok Health Center, Sheladze PHC, Thalassemia Health Center, Rheumatic Diseases Center, and Akre Emergency Hospital, to follow up on DoH proposals and prioritize between the needs and to come up with a shorter list of health sites.
- Taking over and hand over of bids, and bids opening for the announced QIPs of Bardarash Youth Center and Rangin school in Zakho.
- Revising and finalizing the two proposals of Barokh/Asoda school in Sumel.
- Receiving approval from UNHCR for the two QIPs of Barokh/Asoda School in Sumel.
|HARIKAR WOMAN LITENING CENTER AT DOMIZ CAMP (WLC)
* The total clients/cases received by Harikar-WLC at Domiz Camp were (52) cases; including counseling, referrals, legal, GBV, Psychosocial, health issues, jobs seekers and women interested in trainings. * Other activities by HARIKAR-WLC:
- PARC/ WLC team attended a graduation ceremony in the reception hall by IRC.
- PARC/ WLC team discussed a case of SAS from Domiz camp with MSF.
- PARC/ WLC team presented an information session about "Women Status" for 7 women from Domiz camp.
- PARC/ WLC team coordinated with ACTED organization and strengthened the referral pathway.
- PARC/ WLC team took 2 cases of SAS to Department of Mental Health.
- PARC/ WLC team visited Gawelan camp to be aware of the issues and problems of women and follow up their cases.
- PARC/ WLC manager visited Akre Camp with UNHCR in order to follow up GBV cases.
- PARC/ WLC organized an event for the Universal Children's Day at the WLC center.
- PARC/ WLC discussed a GBV case with colleagues from DMC, DTVAW and UNHCR.
|HARIKAR LEGAL SOCIAL CENTER
- LSC has conducted a workshop on VAC at the centre for 28 women from Domiz camp.
- LSC has legalized 7 marriage certifications at Sumel court.
- LSC has presented 25 social and legal services throughout the week.
Total number of cases received during the implementation period of the project is 433.
|HARIKAR COMMUNITY COHESIN IN NORTHREN IRAQ
- GTI staffs prepared the Filling activity of PCN 005.
- GTI staff met with IRD on Wednesday 25May 2014 and discussed the work.
- GTI staff met with Education, Peshmarga centers and discussed the new performance.
- GTI Staff coordinated with (Kurd Youth Center, PDK Women Center, EDK Women Center, Theater Center, Directorate of Education, WAR TV, NRT TV, Avadin Center…etc.)
- GTI staff have met with IRD staff/ Erbil colleagues and discussed the project activities.
- During the reporting period, a total of 15 cases were received in both legal clinic office and during the outreach visits. Among the 15 cases, 3 were full legal representation and 12 were legal consultations. The 3 full legal representations were (1 Obtaining identification documents and 1 Criminal Defense for man and 1 Divorce). The legal consultations were given by the clinic lawyers on various legal issues to the clients approached the clinic office and met during the outreach visits.
- Regarding the outreach visits, 3 visits were paid to Domiz, Qasrok and Akre districts. The team was consisted of a lawyer and a social worker. The visits covered the courthouses, women unions and IDP sites.
|HARIKAR CHILD FRIENDLY SPACE AT DOMIZ CAMP
- Child Friendly Space could enroll a number of children and youth from Domiz Camp in the various activities and lectures of the week such as: hygiene awareness, dance, listening short stories, painting, music and sports. Children who participated and attended the activities were between the ages of (4-17). The activities were held in Kulilik and Nergiz Centers at Domiz Camp. In this week, preparations were done for the Universal Children's Day.
|HARIKAR HYGIENE EDUCATION AND PROMOTION PROJECT
- KAP survey have been translated into Arabic and prepared for the project. UNICEF and other agencies suggested a KAP survey for 50 families from sector 1 to 30 in order to evaluate the activities. The tent to tent visit for the survey was well organized and moved according to the plans discussed with the HP volunteers.
|LITERACY INITIATIVE FOR EMPORMENT (LIFE) IN IRAQ
- Teaching 350 beneficiaries reading, writing and mathematics based on the National Literacy Curriculum in Iraq.
- Two seminars about "Raising Children" were presented at Jiyan and Kar centers for 175 women from Domiz Camp in both Kar and Jiyan centers.
- Lectures of the computer course are continuous in Kar center for 120 beneficiaries.