Our work from Erbil
This past week NRC’s Erbil office delivered a range of activities, part of which included:
- Distributing 547 Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) kits containing emergency food, water and hygiene items to 2338 internally displaced persons (IDP) in Hassan Sham and Khazer camps and Al-Hamdaniya reception centre;
- Delivering non-food item (NFI) kits containing blankets, heaters, hygiene items and solar lanterns to 900 individuals in Al-Samah neighbourhood inside eastern Mosul city;
- Distributed 480,000 IQD (375 USD) each to 322 internally displaced families in Qayyarah.
Our work from Kirkuk
The Kirkuk office’s Gender-Based Violence (GBV) prevention and response work last week included:
- Delivering psychosocial support activities to 963 women and an awareness raising session to 153 women and 96 men in Nazrawa camp;
- Conducting, in coordination with International Relief and Development, psychosocial support activities for 230 women and 221 men in Laylan camp. In addition, an awareness raising session was delivered to 24 women;
- Providing psychosocial support activities to 594 women and delivering Kurdish language classes to 346 men. In addition, 31 women participated in an awareness raising session on the importance of education and 21 men participated in a hygiene awareness session;
- Leading psychosocial support activities for 458 for women in Yahyawa camp and delivering English language lessons to 79 men. 87 women also attended a session aimed at increasing their awareness of the importance of education and 77 men attended hygiene awareness sessions;
- Providing psychosocial support activities to 302 women and anawareness raising session about the importance of education to 47 women and 16 men in Panja Ali, in coordination with Save the Children International and Kurdistan Relief Association;
- Leading psychosocial support activities for 100 women and delivering an awareness raising session about the disadvantages of out of court marriages to 47 women Al-Qadisya.
The Kirkuk office’s shelter work last week included:
- Distributing non-food item (NFI) kits containing blankets, heaters, hygiene items, solar lanterns and children’s boots to 2859 individuals in Al-Qadisyaneighborhood in Kirkuk.
Our work from Baghdad
The Baghdad RRM team’s work this past week included:
- Distributing RRM kits to 334 individuals in Kilo 18 camp in Ramadi sub-district;
- Providing RRM kits to 35 individuals in Amel Manshoud 1 camp and RRM kits to 66 individuals in Fallujah 9 camp;
- Delivering RRM kits to 237 individuals in Al-Abayachi checkpoint;
- Providing RRM kits to 267 individuals in central camp in Anbar province.